S-3 Group is seeking outstanding candidates to join our growing public affairs team in Washington, DC as a Communication Associate.
Your creative thinking skills and strategic insight along with a love of politics and public policy will be essential to your success.
Ideal candidates for this role should be creative and innovative, passionate about public policy and politics, digitally and multimedia savvy, well-organized, and an excellent writer and communicator. Candidates should have a firm grasp of the different digital touch points, a high awareness of media and politics, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
The Communication Associate will be a valued member of the team who participates in client strategy sessions and team meetings as well specific responsibilities including:
- Research media, formulate pitches and assist with outreach to reporters
- Engage with policy groups, influencers, and grassroots advocates
- Write media materials, blog posts, and other client content
- Create, manage, and post social media
- Source and update creative content including photos and videos from partners
- Help manage live and virtual client meetings and forums
- Assist with the management of client engagements and schedules
- 1-3 years professional experience (full-time or internship) in politics, public policy, or public affairs
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of national politics and media
- Active on social media
- Highly organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of CMS and web analytics a plus
How to Apply
Interested candidates may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write Associate in the subject line. In your email, please tell us a little about yourself, why you think you’d be a good Communication Associate at S-3 and include your resume.
About S-3 Group
S-3 brings together the best in government and public relations to develop and execute comprehensive and integrated strategies that help our clients win in Congress, regulatory agencies, and the court of public opinion. Recognizing the changing government relations and communications landscape and playbook, the firm offers cutting edge strategies that leverage our extensive network of contacts, creative storytelling abilities, and innovative use of technology. Working as an integrated team, we stay ahead of the game in a quickly moving environment to earn victories for clients across a broad spectrum of industries. We are an agile boutique organization that values one another and relies on every member of the firm to contribute to the firm’s success.
We offer employees training, collaboration, and the opportunity and support to learn new skills, explore issues and causes, and achieve their own professional growth and success. Together we support our clients as trusted advisors and key collaborators to help them win in the fast- paced world of policy and politics.