S-3 Group is seeking outstanding candidates to join our growing public affairs team in Washington, DC as a Communication Manager.
The Communication Manager will be a valued member of the public affairs team with the following key responsibilities:
- Develop media relations strategies and pitch reporters
- Write public-policy oriented content for on and offline use including blog posts, press releases, social posts, and op-eds
- Create and implement social media campaigns
- Help with outreach to third-party groups
- Conduct research on policy issues and produce client-facing reports
- Coordinate client engagements including program planning, tracking, and follow-up
- Help with firm marketing and new business activities
- 5-10 years professional experience (full-time) in politics, public policy, or public affairs
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrable success placing stories and maintaining reporter relationships
- Experience creating media strategies to promote candidates, causes, or policies
- Capable of and comfortable with multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable learning quickly about current issues and industries
- Digital and multimedia savvy
- Highly organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative and strategic thinker and problem solver
- Passion for politics and public policy
- Bachelor’s degree
How to Apply
Interested candidates may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write Communication Manager in the subject line. In your email, please tell us a little about yourself and why you think you’d be a good Communication Manager at S-3. Please also include your resume and 1-2 relevant writing samples.
About S-3 Group
S-3 brings together the best in government and public relations to develop and execute comprehensive and integrated strategies that help our clients win in Congress, regulatory agencies, and the court of public opinion. Recognizing the changing government relations and communications landscape and playbook, the firm offers innovative strategies that use our extensive network of contacts, creative storytelling abilities, and innovative use of technology. Working as an integrated team, we stay ahead of the game in a quickly moving environment to earn victories for clients across a broad spectrum of industries. We are an agile boutique organization that values one another and relies on every member of the firm to contribute to the firm’s success.
We offer employees training, collaboration, and the opportunity and support to learn new skills, explore issues and causes, and achieve your own professional growth and success. Together we support our clients as trusted advisors and key collaborators to help them win in the fast-paced world of policy and politics.